Info from Michael Ferner oldracingcars.info-Whatever the Schofield managers had in mind to steer Miller (the company) over the rocky roads ahead without Miller (the man) was never revealed, as the company went bust in December 1930, shortly after one of its major shareholders was convicted of a juicy embezzlement of bank funds. Most of the staff switched over to Harry Millerâ€™s new shop, a couple of miles to the west (if they hadnâ€™t already done so), and by March everything was back to â€œnormalâ€, as Louie Meyer debuted the first product of Millerâ€™s new plant, a 3.8-litre eight-cylinder engine, albeit in his Miller 91 single-seater chassis for the time being. Actually, it wasnâ€™t really the first new product, as Miller had already tried to peddle an unsuccessful Ford conversion job and a 16-cylinder front-drive passenger car, but in the context of this thread both projects may be happily glossed over. The new engine proved very satisfactory in Pacific Coast Championship events, and for Indy Miller built three cars to a new standard pattern, two of which were meant to take the new â€œbig eightâ€, and one a modified version of the V16 from the passenger car project. The new chassis were quite advanced, with a de Dion rear axle and two quarter elliptic springs on each corner, not unlike the front suspension of of the earlier front-drive racing cars, and the two eights were very competitive and successful over the next five or six years, but the V16 proved a disappointment, probably because it was not a pur sang racing engine in the first place. The cars, though basically identical, were known as the Miller 230 and Miller 303, respectively, relating to the type numbers of the respective engines.